LIFE STAGES OF A TREE
2. Seedling: the above-ground part of the embryo that sprouts from the seed.
3. Sapling: After the seedling reaches 1 m tall, and until it reaches 7 cm in stem diameter
4. Pole: young trees from 7 to 30 cm diameter.
5. Mature tree: over 30 cm diameter, reproductive years begin.
6. Old tree: dominate old growth forest; height growth slows greatly, with majority of productivity in seed production.
7. Over-mature: die-back and decay become common.
8. Snag: standing dead wood.
9. Log/debris: fallen dead wood.